Over 30 million matches a day, and 95% of Tinder users meet their matches within a week to build relationships. According to these numbers, online dating apps and other similar apps are the most popular way to connect with people.
Considering the high demand and lack of saturation in the market for viral dating apps, can entrepreneurs and startup owners make a mark in the dating industry? Developing an app today is not difficult, you just need a unique idea to create app like Tinder that will get people to use your app.
Mobile apps have become the mainstay of people’s everyday lives, so it is now the most convenient way to meet people on the internet. A time when romance was all about waiting for the right partner has passed.
Create a dating app like Tinder that enable people to meet up and arrange casual get-togethers, making it possible for entrepreneurs to start their own dating app journey.
How Does Tinder Works?
Tinder was invented by Sean Rad and Justin Mateen in 2012 with an idea for an app that would connect people based in a nearby location and mutual interests with just a swipe. Today, Tinder has an estimated 70 million monthly users making it one of the most popular dating apps around the world.
Creating a dating app like Tinder or any other similar app requires a complex algorithm that works both ways. It starts by mapping the user’s real-time location in order to identify potential matches. Based on geographic location, algorithms match users with the shortest distances, so real-life meetings are possible.
The profile details and preferences of users are required in order to increase more matches. The profile will appear on the swipe screen if the user receives enough matches in a day.
If you want to create app like Tinder, it is advisable to choose a user interface design that helps increase sign-ups and encourages users to stay on the app for a longer period of time.
If you are keen to learn about how tinder actually works, its business model, and its revenue model, then this guide is recommended for you.
Steps to Consider in Dating App Development
1. Find your App Category
You can stand out of the crowd by choosing a niche that sets your app apart from others in the market. The app might target people with similar food preferences, singles who love traveling, or members of the same located area. Provide your users with some additional features like prompts, mode operation, and profile verification to protect them from fraudsters, and a good user interface to gain an advantage over your competitors.
2. Business Model
Choosing a business model for your Tinder-like dating app is the next step. The business model you choose will determine whether you can effectively monetize the dating app through its in-app purchases and other advertising opportunities.
3. Right App Development Team
You should choose an app development company that has a wide portfolio of social media apps to choose from. It is also important to keep in mind that the hourly costs of the organization’s developers will differ according to where it is located.
Still unable to find the right app development company in Dubai to create app like tinder? You can read this guide on how to choose a mobile app development company to get on the right path.
4. Test and Launch the App
When developing an app, app testing is required to identify and fix errors or bugs. If you want your dating app to launch as soon as possible, this is an important step that you should not skip as user experience can be ruined by bugs, resulting in app uninstalls and negative reviews. Dedicated testers should be part of an Agile team who will check the app’s technical performance on every device and platform.
Thus, in order to create app like Tinder in 2023, you’ll need to:
- Come up with an idea that stands out
- Identify the features and finalize them
- Preparere the design of the app
- Choose the right development team
- Develop your app
- Tests and fix bugs
- Launch your app
Features to Implement in Tinder Clone App Development
With a whopping one billion swipes per day, Tinder is one of the most beloved dating apps that compete with Bumble, Happn, and Hinge. Tinder’s feature set is one of the primary reasons why this happens:
- Include the “swipe” feature of Tinder in your app indicating that you are interested in a profile.
- Allows messaging with a match to fix a date.
- Users can use a geolocation feature to find perfect matches within a particular area.
1. User Profile Registration
In order to sign up for the dating app, users simply need to enter their contact information or social media profiles. A dating app algorithm collects essential information from the user’s social media profile, thereby easing the process of filling out forms. The users can then update their profile picture, upload their bios, add hobbies and interests, etc.
2. Geo Location
With the geolocation feature, users can find people in their local area and connect with them. With the geolocation feature, users are viewed with matches based on their location, interests, etc.
3. Push Notifications
By implementing push notifications in your app, you can engage your app users and send user requests that are available. Notifications could be about new matches, incoming chats, or upcoming deals and promotions.
4. Swipe Functionality
Dating apps allow their users to swipe right or left on matches presented to them. It is only possible for them to chat when they both swipe right on each other’s profile.
5. In-App Chat
The dating app facilitates two-way communication, and users can only send messages to each other if they have mutually liked each other’s profiles. The chat box allows users to set dates, contact their matches, and start conversations. It’s important to provide users with unique features to share photos, videos, gifs, emojis, stickers, etc.
Among the settings features, users can update their profile picture, add images, edit their biographies, and change their location. Further options include disabling push notifications, checking how many profiles match theirs, and blocking users.
If you really got confused with these many features, then prototype app development in the initial stage of development is recommended to you.
How Much does it Cost to Create App like Tinder?
An app like Tinder may cost more or less depending on many factors, including the advanced features, app interface, user experience design, system architecture, wireframes, and the development firm’s location.
- When it comes to creating a dating app like Tinder, the feature list is the final factor that determines how much it costs. There is an expected price range starting from 75,000 USD for a simple Tinder-like app that does not have many features. As the number of features and functionalities increases, however, the gross price will rise as well.
- Platforms play an important role in the cost of dating app development as well. The cost of developing an Android app is higher than that of developing an iOS application. So, it is advisable to choose a single platform when you start.
- A development team for Tinder like dating app development is another notable factor that affects the cost as it includes a Project manager, Android/iOS developers, Backend/Frontend developers, Business analysts, Designers, and Testers.
- Spending a little more on a dating app that can handle an extensive user base and offer seamless communication requires spending some extra bucks.
- Changes in market demand or app platform updates can also affect a dating app’s maintenance costs.
Do you want to know the tinder clone app development budget? This app cost calculator is here to help you.
How to Monetize from Tinder Clone App Development?
You can earn money from your app in the following ways:
- Provide a free trial period for users to try out your app, and once the trial period is over, charge a monthly subscription fee.
- Payment integration allows users to access special features like emojis, icons, etc., through the app.
- The most popular online dating applications allow users to increase their engagement with native advertisements, video ads, and banner ads.
- The advanced features of a dating app like Tinder are only available to premium users who pay a fee.
Undoubtedly, the dating app industry will continue to grow as it becomes more popular. If you want to stand out from the competition, all you need to do is improve your marketing skills and customize your dating app with the right unique features.
Now that you have a complete understanding of Tinder-like dating apps and their market potential, it is time to find a mobile app development company in Dubai like Applify that can help you integrate social capabilities into your Tinder Clone App.