Arguably, mobile app developers are the heart of web app development companies. The work they do is both challenging and taxing. They use programming languages and development skills to create, test and develop mobile applications. Not just their hands and mind are always busy but they also need to keep their focus intact all the time.
That is why, I have made a list of the 10 best tools for mobile app developers to work faster, easier, and more efficiently. You can use these tools whether you work solo or with a team – in-house or remote. I hope you find the peace of mind that you’re looking for and stay organized with the following tools.
Let’s check them out:
Best tech tools for mobile app developers
Xamarin is the most preferred mobile app development tool for native applications. It enables you to use the existing data access and business logic layers across different platforms. The tool can be used for developing all kinds of apps for all major mobile platforms including iOS, Android, and Windows.
- C# programming language with .NET language infrastructure
- Allows communication with the API of mobile devices
- Xamarin Component Store includes UI controls, cross-platform libraries, and third-party libraries
As the name suggests, the tool helps you accelerate the app development process enabling you to create apps with fewer lines of code. This app development tool supports iOS, Android, Windows, and browser-based HTML5 applications.
- Applies the universal concept of “write once, use anywhere”
- The quickest way to build app prototypes
- ArrowDB, its data store lets you deploy data models without hassles
PhoneGap is an open-source free to use mobile app development tool used for developing a single app that works on all mobile devices. It integrates various libraries with existing functions and code enhancing the entire app development process and making it faster.
- Comes with a plug-in architecture to increase its functionality
- Code reusability across iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Firefox OS
Sencha is a favorite online tool of many developers for designing, developing and testing enterprise mobile applications. It comes packed with 115+ high-performance, pre-tested, and integrated UI components to give multiple options to choose from and work with.
- Lets you code in HTML5 format using Sencha touch software development kit
- Includes calendar, grids, charts, and more.
- Supports Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, and more
- Mobile Roadie
Mobile Roadie is a popular custom app development tool that makes it easy for developers to create and manage their apps for Android and iOS platforms.
- Lets you send geo-targeted push notifications, set up geo-fences, create custom interactive maps
- Deeply integrated user community features
- Includes features such as auto-updating fan wall, auto-importing of RSS, and Google News or Twitter keywords integration
AppMachine is a highly efficient app development tool that enables people to build web apps as well as native apps for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile platforms. It comes with a user-friendly app builder and multilingual interface.
- Comes in a four-column layout with an options panel on the top
- Gives a preview of the app in different platforms in real-time
- Easy to use
- Good Barber
The name might be a little quirky but its features are on point. Good Barber is a popular native app builder tool that uses the latest app development technologies to create robust and highly functional apps.
- Lets you create an app without actually coding
- Offers features like authentication, beacons, geofencing, service worker, etc
- Easy integration with Google Play and App Store
- The app creation process is translated into 28 languages from beginning to end
- The AppBuilder
The App Builder is a flexible suite of Enterprise Application Development specializing in corporate employee mobile apps and enterprise mobile app platforms. The best part is that you don’t need to possess technical skills to create a robust app on this tool, it’s super-easy to use.
- Comes with an online toolkit along with a training module
- Lets you segment your audience by location, job function, project or any criteria you need
- Allows you to update your app’s structure, content and linked services anytime – even after the app has gone live
- Kony AppPlatform
It is a low-code platform for omni-channel app development. Mobile app developers prefer it over other tools as it accelerates development, shortens testing, simplifies changes, streamlines support and reduces maintenance.
- No code to full code development
- The single code base for omni-channel output
- Robust HA/DR and performance SLAs
LongRange is a native mobile app development tool that lets you write once and deploy to Apple, Android, and Windows devices easily.
- Build native mobile apps using only RPG/ CL with DDS
- Utilize mobile device features like GPS, camera, audio, SMS, etc.
- Automatically push app updates into the mobile devices
I hope you find the above-mentioned tools much useful to create advanced and highly functional apps. If you feel that a dedicated mobile app can help you reach more customers in the market, this is the best time to go ahead and get yourself a good mobile app.
If you aren’t sure how to build one yourself, you can consider outsourcing the job to a professional mobile app development company like Applify. Want to know more about it, get in touch with us right now.