Any developer can tell you that developing an app isn’t a simple task. It’s not just a case of sit down and type a few strings of codes and like magic, you have an app.
It’s actually rather complicated but developers have some neat tools to make it just a little more simple, as app development in the UK and all over the world is starting to thrive then so are the tools that are being used.
So if you have been wondering, here is a list of the major app development tools used by mobile app developers today, globally!
RhoMobile is based on the Rhodes open source framework, it is a set of development tools for creating cross-platform applications.
RhoMobile allows developers to build mobile applications using a variety of programming languages including:
With this tool, an app can be written once and then be run on most of the operating systems available, it ports them over for the developer to make cross-platform app creation easier.
The platforms it can be operated on:
- Windows CE
- Windows 8
- Windows Phone
- Windows Mobile
With RhoMobile it has a set of tools for building, testing, debugging, integrating, deploying and managing apps.
What Exactly is Included:
- Built-in model view control pattern
- Object relational mapper for data intensive apps
- Integrated data synchronization
- Broad API set
All of these development services are offered in the cloud and do include hosted build, application management, and synchronization.
2. Alpha Anywhere
Alpha Anywhere is a platform used for the development and deployment of apps that enable its users to quickly become competent in creating mobile apps for business that run on all available platforms.
It can quickly create offline-capable and mobile optimized forms and business apps that also easily access and integrate with existing databases and web services.
Alpha Anywhere uses HTML5
Alpha Anywhere combines all requirement and development features instead of just back-end or front-end and with this, the client is aware of both front and back-end meaning they work in complete harmony.
What exactly is included:
- Quickstart mobile templates
- Enterprise level reporting
- Media handling
- Geo-location/mapping tools
- Offloading options top the cloud
- .Net support
- Curl support
- Portable SQL
- Data integration
- Offline capability
- Mobile Forms
- Video and image gallery
It is available on all platforms just from one single code base!
3.Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code is developed by Microsoft for Windows, Linux and MacOS, it is a source code editor based on the Electron framework which is used to deploy Node.js applications for the desktop which run on the Blink Layout Engine.
Though being used with Electron framework the software is not a fork of Atom and is based on Visual Studio Online’s editor, Codename: “Monaco”.
Visual Studio Code uses:
Visual Studio supports a number of programming languages not just the ones mentioned above.
- Intelligent code completion
- Embedded Git Control
- Syntax Highlighting
- Code refactoring
- Debug support
It is also fully customizable so that the user can change anything they need to whether it be keyboard shortcuts or just the theme!
Telerik is a company that provides software tools for multi-platform developing and they focus on using.NET development tools and also, now sell a platform for hybrid, web and native app development.
- ASP.NET AJAX
- ASP.NET MVC
Telerik first created RADeditor (rapid application development) by using a web page editor to support the, at the time, newly launched Microsoft technology ASP.NET.
- DevCraft -.NET UI controls, reporting and developer productivity tools
- Progress Sitefinity – Web content management and customer analytics for managing and optimizing digital experiences.
- Telerik Platform – Complete cross-platform solution to design, manage, build, deploy and measure all of your apps.
- KendoUI – Widgets for responsive web and data visualization.
- Test Studio – Release better quality software faster using an intuitive and easy to use test automation solution.
- Unlimited support, phone and remote web assistance access to all community forums and more.
Now, this is what the company has built and offered a variety of useful and supportive tools.
XCode is an integrated development software containing development tools to create apps for MacOS, WatchOS, iOS, and tvOS.
It supports a multitude of code and an array of programming models. The main application is an integrated development environment which we know as XCode and includes most Apple developers software and documentation, including a built-in interface.
- Interface builder
- Multiple program language support
- Variety of program models
- Support for GNU Pascal, Free Pascal, Ada, C#, Perl and D.
- Ability to build universal binary files
- GUI tool instruments
Apple recently made the latest version of the software public! At Applify, we built multiple apps using XCode.
6. Android Studio
This is the officially integrated development environment for Android and is designed specifically for Android.
Android Studio uses multiple programming languages to help achieve exactly what you want.
What exactly is included:
- Android virtual device used to run and debug apps
- Gradle-based build support
- Refactoring and quick fix
- ProGuard integration and app-signing capabilities
- Lint tools for performance, usability, version and compatibility issues.
- Layout editor
- Support for Android Wear
- Support for cloud
Android Studio is freely available under the Apache Licence 2.0 and new features are expected to be added when new versions become available.
These are not the only tools that developers use but are the most common and widely used ones as they perform every task as needed and help to build exceptionally good apps.
If you are interested in building a mobile app, here are some top android app development agencies.