Technology sure has given us wings to fly high and reach new levels of advancements, but it has also made us lazy. Most of us have forgotten the bouts of physical work which has seemingly diminished from our lives. It won’t be an exaggeration to say that these are difficult times and the agenda of Health & Fitness is in desperate need of a push. In fact, you can see this push in the form of an increasing number of gyms and nutrition centers across the world.
Gyms have been a huge success among fitness freaks across the world. However, the thing is, not everyone has the time and energy to go to gyms. For such people, a diet and fitness app is a great way out. These apps are used by millions across the world to keep a count on their calories and diet. Some apps are already doing well; however, there are so many opportunities left to explore.
Here are some diet and nutrition app ideas at a glance:
- Calorie counter apps: This function lets an individual count their calorie intake throughout the day. The basic idea of this functionality is to let the users record all the meals they had in a day and then count the calories based on that information. Other goals are also used to collect additional information such as the ideal weight range, calorie intake, etc. Based on that you are given different recommendations and ideas. MyFitnessPal is the perfect example of such an app.
- Meal planner apps: These are yet another type of diet apps that records the calorie intake of the users throughout the day. In this app, you simply have to fill in data such as your desired weight, diet, and food preferences. The app goes on to create a diet chart for you accordingly.
- Social platform apps: These apps connect you to fitness and health coaches online. You can discuss your workout levels and goals with them and they provide you with diet charts or workout routines based on that.
- Diet & fitness apps for a specific user type: Most of the apps that we discussed earlier were common for the audiences. However, there’s another approach to diet apps. These are known as special diet apps. It allows you to effectively narrow down your target audience. For example, you can build a diet app specifically for pregnant ladies or diabetic patients.
- Wager apps: Money is the driving force for these kinds of fitness apps. The basic idea is that the users bet a certain amount of money. As per the bet they have to lose a certain amount of weight. Failing to do so will cost them the money they had bet. But if one achieves the goal, they can earn that money back.
A few exciting features you can add to your apps
Now, let’s take a look at the must-have features for diet and nutrition app development.
Whenever you enroll in a gym or nutrition center, the first thing they do is register your data. Similarly, while developing a diet and nutrition app, you must have a registration feature to store all the important information of a user.
An in-built barcode scanner is a great feature for a diet and nutrition app. There is so much that a barcode scanner can do, for example, it can guide your customers while they are shopping online. In that case, it can provide important data such as calories, price, and ingredients of the items by simply using their mobile devices.
Push Notification is an important feature of any mobile app as it boosts customer retention. In the case of a diet and nutrition app, this seemingly small function can help your users in so many ways. Push notifications can be used as reminders for users about their daily workout sessions or food intake. However, you must understand the essence of it and realize how you can utilize it for nutrition and diet app development.
Integration with fitness trackers
Fitness trackers and wearables have always been a hit among fitness enthusiasts. According to Statista, there will be approximately 929 million wearables connected in 2021. So if you are planning to invest in Health App Development then there is no way you can walk past this functionality. Your app must support a feature for the integration of wearables or fitness trackers.
Feedback and Help
The feedback and help sections are always necessary. The help sections of a diet and nutrition app should ideally feature the FAQs and videos. These will guide the stuck users throughout your app and give them a sense of trust in your app. On the other hand, a feedback section can help you improve your app’s user experience by receiving constant feedback from your users. Not only will you be able to rectify the errors but also get to know what additions the users want.
Fitness is a problem solver in this age of health issues and various diseases crawling around us. These diet and nutrition apps are a step forward to a much more fit and healthy world. So if you want to develop a diet and nutrition app, start working on it today.
Got an app idea in mind? Get in touch with us today.
Applify along with its team of experts will work on your requirements with their top-notch skills combined with our cutting-edge technology.