Effective communication is what most successful teams thrive on. Up to 80 percent of businesses use collaboration tools and team chat apps to enhance their business processes. For organizations to be on top of their game, team members need to be highly connected with each other all the time.
That’s why team chat apps and communication software are making their way to the forefront. Gone are the days when team chat apps and collaboration tools were just about communication. Nowadays they have become powerful one-stop collaboration tools that streamline the communication process, organize work items, and easily integrates with other third-party apps to meet your business needs.
The following are some of the best team chat apps and online collaboration tools making way for effective communication in businesses.
Slack pioneered the concept of real-time communication in a real sense back in 2013. Today, almost 8 million people are using Slack for business communication and collaboration. All in all, it’s a smart alternative to slow and snail-like email communication.
- Conversations in Slack happen in dedicated spaces called channels
- Find important information and chats in an easily searchable archive
- 1000+ integrations and user-friendly
2. Troop Messenger
As an office chat software, Troop Messenger is known to offer amazing data-sharing and security features to its users. Along with instant messaging, Troop Messenger also allows them to share files of diverse formats along with their current location.
- Individual and group chat to communicate with team members and share data
- Unlimited group creation
- Share current location, contacts, and make calls to team members
- Server-side encryption offers tight security measures
3. Hangouts (Google)
Hangouts is Google’s attempt to enter the world of team chat and communication. Truth be told, it has successfully managed to make a name for itself in a short span of time. If you already have a G-Suite subscription, Google Hangouts might be the best bet for your business to communicate easier and better.
- Instant messaging, voice calls, HD video calls
- Group conferencing, built-in screen sharing features
- Easy integration with other Google apps
- Compatible with multiple computing devices
- Custom control for Admin and intelligent muting
4. Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is one of the best group chat and collaboration tools in the market. It acts as the perfect hub for teams to solve today’s complex business problems and work better together.
- Quick communication with group chat, online meetings, calling, and web conferencing
- Easier collaboration on files built-in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- End-to-end security and administrative controls
- Supported by iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and web
Chanty is a simple AI-powered team chat app to help you get more things done. Teams use this online chat app to communicate, collaborate, connect, and organize their team activities. It is a well-made team chat app to make your team communication simpler and organized than before.
- Reach your team with text, voice or video
- Share files, screen, and create tasks to collaborate better
- Search, browse and filter your team activity in the app
- All your messages are synced across Chanty Mobile and Web App
Flowdock is a team communication application for desktop and mobile especially preferred by the developer’s community. Unlike other team chat apps on the list, Flowdock works with flows. These are open-source spaces for teams to communicate and collaborate.
- Threading makes collaboration easier, faster, and organized
- Easily locate work items, requests, or attachments by search and filtering capabilities
- Add GIFs and custom emojis to add humor to conversations
- It is supported by iOS, Android, macOS, Linux, and web
This team chat software comes with a comprehensive suite of features. Its biggest USP is its easy-to-use interface enabling team members to have meaningful work-related conversations and make faster decisions.
- Real-time instant messaging to reach out to colleagues
- File-sharing and tasks to collaborate across your business
- Shared calendar to plan events together
Twist is designed to enable clear and organized team communication. Over 85,000 teams from different parts of the world use it to communicate within teams and organizations. It is also named as the best communication app for distributed teams by PCMag.
- Mindful team communication to collaborate with ease and authority
- It organizes discussions into threads that stay on topic and in context
- Information is easier to find and neatly structured
Flock is a team communication app and online collaboration platform that comes with team messaging, project management and tons of other great features. It’s one easy-to-use tool that makes communication and collaboration effortless. People love how it organizes all their conversations, productivity tools, and apps in one place.
- Start a direct chat or group conversation with anyone
- Jump onto video calls to connect with remote team members
- Easy sharing and accessing of all types of files with advanced search capabilities
Ryver is one of the most versatile team chat apps on the list. It is a group chat software, a task manager, and workflow automation tool in one app. Since 2015, it makes collaboration easy, simple, and affordable.
- Unlimited voice and video calls in just one click
- Optimizes business processes with workflow automation
- Integrates with numerous third-party apps
11. Glip by RingCentral
Glip is a team chat app for better and faster team collaboration. Simply put, Glip allows you to work, meet, and message anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- Chat in real-time text, voice, or video
- Share, organize and collaborate on files directly
- Instantly share your screen and collaborate live with your teams and clients
Internal communication plays a big role in determining the success of an organization. These team chat apps can streamline the communication process of your business. That said, many businesses choose to create team chat communication apps specifically for their businesses keeping their requirements in mind. If you’re also planning to do the same, get in touch with our team here at Applify and let us help you develop the best team chat app for your business.